Its all in the eye's


      Image: Daniel Hart 

Yesterday I was invited to collaborate with two wonderful ladies for a university assignment. The idea is to create a front cover for a children's book, the synopsis is a girl who loves tree's is captured, unable to leave her sacred tree, it is cut down. This was the back story given, we decided to capture the beginning part of the story, the nemophilist. 

Above left is an original, shot in camera no post production, the right is what the client is after; no edit is wrong, its all in the eyes of the beholder and the image they have created in their minds is what I aim to re create. But people can seem to forget that we work for the client, everything we do is not always our preference, it is our style because every photographer has their own 'eye' but the final product isn't always the outcome we would have chosen.


Lately I have fallen in love with a film aesthetic, especially a Kodak Portra 400 UC effect; using VSCO Lightroom preset to give a starting point and working from there.

Though because of this new found love my work is now replicating this effect; on the left would be my edit, not the final out come but thats where I would start, possibly burn a little of the background and add a little more golden light.

Working with other people is the best opportunity, creating work beyond your own imagination is the best part of being an artist. I noticed how people see the world differently and think after I started to work with others, it's one of the most fascinating parts of my job, you are almost able to see into their minds just for a second; its beautiful. 

Our eye is different, its a wonderful thing but when you are a working creative its not always your eye you are capturing. I love everything I create though, no matter who's ideas I'm representing! 


Have a wonderful Monday! Here are some more images from the shoot.














SaveSave

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top